Pages

Saturday 9 August 2014

Furry ginger troublemaker

Warning: photo heavy post!

After my last post several people asked whether the furry monster had survived! Well, these pics show he's alive & well 


This ones taken from inside the cat flap, he was clearly too exhausted to walk any further!! He spends most days sunning himself out on the deck. 

And this is how he tired himself out...


I've been a bit poorly this week, and spent a few days in bed. Clearly Barney was not happy with the lack of attention whilst I was reading!

He also made a nuisance of himself by climbing into the drawers underneath the bed, scared the life out of me while I was snoozing!

And this is the repaired item of clothing that started this off.....damaged by kitty claws when sat on my lap. Should have taken a before picture but forgot doh!!! There was a group of small holes & one slightly bigger one, front and centre about 2" up from hemline.





 I couldn't bear to throw it away, so hit on the idea of fabric flowers & beads. Used iron on interfacing on the fabric, then die cut some flowers with TH Tattered Florals. Had to make an entire border so that it looked right and now I think it looks too fussy!! I don't wear fussy clothes, with frills or flowers, but I spent ages seeing these beads on so I'll have to give it a whirl. 

That cat has a lot to answer for!

Thanks for stopping by

Debs x


5 comments:

  1. That's a great idea to save a favorite item of clothing, and the flowers look so pretty! Smart thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad Kitty!
    Top marks for trying to fix the problem!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant problem solving skills!
    I think if the flowers were on a solid coloured top, then they would stand out more but these are so well matched I think they will blend really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh. So you have a peeking Tom ey!! Sorry I couldn't resist that one!
    Great idea of covering the holes with the flowers. You will have to give it a whirl now having spent so long sewing pesky beads on!
    Sorry to learn from our friend that you were poorly. Hope you are feeling better now.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww... look at Barney! He is gorgeous. When I am reading, Beatrice usually weedles her way between me and the book so I can't see it. They do love to be the centre of attention, don't they! Sorry to hear you've been poorly and hope you are now on the mend. I love the top with the flowers - what an original idea!

    Thanks for your visit and your nice comment. I am feeling a lot more myself now, thank you, but needing more rest than usual. Glad you like my Zentangle cards! I've got several more to make, and I really need to build up my stash again because you never know when you need to send a card.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so fire away!