Pages

Friday 27 September 2013

Beautiful butterflies


I was hit with crafters block this week when it came to planning next weeks classes - I had started working with one idea, but it just didn't come together the way I wanted. So I sat staring at the cat for inspiration - no joy, just communicated a telepathic message to him to jump up on my desk!

So I went back to my notebooks - ever since I started crafting I've kept notebooks with sketches, ideas & techniques I've seen & want to try - nowadays they'd be called something fancy like a smash book lol! But mine are tatty old spiral notebooks with scribbles & drawings & lots of arrows & notations :-)

Anyhoo - this was an idea inspired by something I saw on tv a year or so back. The butterflies are stamped in a circle. The outer border is stamped, then a circle of butterflies created by stamping & cutting out scraps of beautiful papers. 

Sorry for the waffle! I'm linking this to Pixies Snippets workshop, cos snippets were used!

Thanks for stopping by

Debs x

11 comments:

  1. WOW - Debs this is GORGEOUS. I bet your class will love this.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous is this! Beautiful card-I am sure your class will love it:) I know I do!
    I too have some notebooks like that-jottings and snippets (ah-the old snippets LOL!) that I have saved with ideas and things in-Great to sit and have a mooch through when Mr Mojo ups and leaves!
    Have a lovely day,Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo Debs, this is a real stunner! Fabulous use of snippets too.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous butterflies, and I just love the colors! Your notebook sounds 'zactly like mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness...this is so beautiful! Love those gorgeous butterflies! The colours you cose are so lovely on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...this is so beautiful! Love those gorgeous butterflies! The colours you cose are so lovely on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well the idea for this card certainly wanted to evolve, Debs! It's so fantastic! It looks like a scene from a movie where the heroine is encircled and wrapped in the warmth and protection of a butterfly circle!! Ooooh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, Debs! What a gorgeous way to use those snippets! May have to borrow that idea! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debs

    I think the chicken dish would work with chicken breasts, preferably with skin on though to stop them from drying out. I just can't find them locally unless I trot off to a local farm shop. It's the first time I've used thighs when cooking for Len and I was also very hesitant :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Debs. The butterflies are gorgeous and make a lovely frame for that super sentiment. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful frame! This is a delightfully elegant card.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so fire away!