Pages

Monday 22 April 2013

Inkylicious colour blending

Hi everyone, and welcome to my new followers, Mary Mac and Crafty Debs - I appreciate you adding me to your blog favourites!

This card is one of my designs featured in this months (May '13) edition of Making Cards.  Poor pic, I know - really need to work on the photography skills!


The base card is 8" square, the panel dies used are Spellbinders Mega Curved Rectangles, decorated with Joy crafts flourishes 6002/0020 & 6002/0033 and memory Box Butterfly dies Vivienne & Darla.  The stamp set used is my current favourite, 'Oriental Awakenings' from Inkylicious.

All the inks used are Distress Inks, applied with Inklyicious Ink Dusters to give a lovely soft finish.

The colours are actually much softer than they look in this pic, but my rubbish photography has flattened and darkened the colours - must try harder lol!!

Thanks for stopping by

Debs x



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful feminine design & I love the colour combination. Isn't it frustrating though when the colours don't photograph as they really are!I've had trouble photoing that colour combo too must be something in the pigments do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debs, thanks for visiting and commenting. Your card looks great. I love the colours - even if they are not very "true". Tell me: What are you doing with the cards. Wil you give them away when somebody is celerating something? Or do youkeep them in the drawer - like me with so many quilts etc. or stitchings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours Debs even though you say they are not as they are in real life. Gorgeous stamp too, nice and subtle.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so fire away!